Thursday 2 January 2014

Kitchen Art

It's been a long, long time since I've posted anything so we'll start slow.  While there have been some big changes and decisions made, let's ease back into this!

A little kitchen update with some new art!

A few weeks ago, Ikea had a 50% off sale on frames.  I have plans for four square frames for the dining room, so I headed over to snap them up while they were still in stock.  While browsing, I saw three black frames with some sweet, graphic prints and impulse bought the frames, even though the prints were out of stock.

I used this as an excuse to pour over Etsy and came across this great shop, Spoonlily.  Because I love instant gratification, I went for the digital download and had them printed at Blacks.ca.  Again, got lucky with a holiday sale for an 8"x10" for $1!  Sweet.

Supplies in hand, I set out cutting my own matting for the frames that is a crisp white to balance out all of the black.  I also wanted a mat that was off-centre and a little beefier so this worked well.

Here's a look around the kitchen!  My back is to the cupboards/sink, looking around from the back of the house to the front.






On our main floor, we really only have a few things up on our wall.  It feels good to have pretty things to look at while preparing the many meals, snacks, and baby food I do daily!  Hopefully this will spark something in me and J to finish the fiddly details around here.

All told, it was about $15 per frame to finish for a grand total of $45.  I love a good deal :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment