Wednesday 26 June 2013

A New Bed for Miss P

A few years ago I went to a sample sale for duvets for a Christmas present for my mom.  I walked out of there with an awesome deal for her and a sample sized duvet used for promo purposes in store for $5.  You know, the mini-mini sized ones where you can see it without taking it out of the packaging.

For years it was in a plain white cover that it came in and sat in the living room in our old bungalow.  In the new house, it found a new home in our bedroom and Penny couldn't have been happier but I wanted to spice things up. 

I headed over to Fabricland and found some textured fabric on sale, which made me very happy.  I was originally looking for something with a pattern to hide the mix of white and black dog hair but couldn't find anything that was suitable for sitting on the floor and a dog laying on it.

This project actually started two months ago and was finished a month later but I'm just getting around to posting some pictures.  This was what actually started the fight between me and the sewing machine.  When I got my new beauty machine, I finished this is mere hours.




It's a bed fit for our queen, Penny.  I took the measurements of the duvet and then shrunk the cover down by a couple inches to make sure it is nice and fluffy for her.  I often find her up there taking a nap at the same time as Audrey.  She is now sleeping in style we're happy that she isn't asking to come up with us.

You can see on this side of the room we've installed Pax wardrobes from Ikea.  A must considering our master bedroom closet is less than two feet wide.  We opted for the drawers on the outside to maximize what we can stuff in there, since we weren't able to fit a dresser in too. 

The chair was a find at the Fall Home Show here in Toronto for $125!  $125!!!  When I got it home, I started to clean it and found the original price tag from Decorium for $1299.  Most of it's use comes from Audrey in the mornings while I'm getting dressed and a place to put some clothes that are in between the closet and the hamper. 

Lots more planned for our bedroom and the whole upstairs but it will come in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment